Lockdown has passed and we have had enough rest, it's time to get back to work. Up your game by learning new professional skills. Due to the pandemic, it's going to be more challenging out there.
If you are still trapped in lockdown, make use of this time wisely.
I know it has been a rough year for everyone but Time and Opportunity waits for none.
Make sure when the time is right, you have all the skills to grab your opportunity.
Marketing is one of the key areas that fetch success for a business. It keeps changing with new ways popping up now and then.
1. Search Engine Optimisation(SEO)- SEO is a skill that helps you how you can bring or increase organic traffic to your website.
2. Google Ads- Learn how to optimize your spending on Google Ads and bring more traffic to your website and aid in SEO.
3. Tiktok Marketing- Tiktok has taken the world by surprise with so much popularity and hence when used right, can help your business massively.
4. Social Media Marketing and Digital Marketing- Everyone is fighting for their space online and a special thanks go to COVID. Businesses need experts to optimize the paid marketing and that's your opportunity to grab.
5. Content Marketing- Content is the king but when marketed correctly. Content Marketing can not only bring traffic but also directly convert to leads. This is definitely not the one to lose.
6. Email Marketing by Mailchimp- Softwares like Mailchimp helps you measure the number of clicks, open rates, and conversions from email lists.
Communication is the medium through which another person can understand what you want to say.
7. Foreign language- Always an advantage to be multilingual.
8. Copywriting- Copywriting is the art of writing the text for advertising and brand awareness.
9. Soft skills- Soft skills are personal qualities that enable you to communicate well with other people.
If you want to know which soft skills you’ll need at various stages of your life, click here
Programming has been in demand for a while now and will continue to be in demand for the foreseeable future due to the high demand for technology. To gauge an idea of how important it is, India has incorporated it in their education to be taught from 6th Grade.
11. R Programming
13. C++ Programming
Design is what creates an impact of your brand on the user's mind. Entrepreneurs strongly agree that design plays a major role in customer retention on point of sales mediums.
Here's the good stuff for the business. While UI is what matters to customers, numbers are what gets the business going.
15. Google Analytics
16. SQL Database/Coding
17. Machine Learning
18. Artificial Intelligence
Entrepreneurs need to update themselves as well. In fact, these tools are supposed to help them and make them concentrate on core decisions.
19. Hootsuite- It is a social media marketing and management platform.
20. Microsoft Power BI- Power BI is a business analytics service that provides Business Intelligence and interactive data visualization capabilities.
21.Cloud Computing- According to Wikipedia, “Cloud computing is the on-demand availability of computer system resources, especially data storage (cloud storage) and computing power, without direct active management by the user.”
The world is shifting to cloud computing sooner than it was expected due to pandemic. Even if you are not from a technical background, having the know-how of how it works and its best practices will give you an edge.
Do you wish to find out what job skills entrepreneurs are looking for in 2021? Then find out here.
Learn to make use of these professional skills that will help your growth and development. Don't just learn them but update your resume and highlight these skills.
Happy Learning Folks!
Let us know if you think there is an additional skill that needs to be added to the list in the comments section below.
We, at OpenGrowth, are continually looking for trending startups in the ecosystem. If you want to know any further information about the startup ecosystem or have any mind-boggling ideas, do refer to the other blogs at OpenGrowth. If you have any suggestions, do let us know in the comment section below.
*Note: The content published above was made in collaboration with our members.
Ayushi is currently pursuing Chartered Accountancy. No secrets there that she loves to read! She believes words have the power of healing and is a medium that can convey like no other. She hopes to connect with people through her empathy, thoughtfulness, and by adding value to their lives.