Internet is the fourth most impactful innovation in human history after the fire, the wheel, the electricity. As we move ahead with technologies and tools built to influence the Internet, scepticism is evolving ground on the potential impact of the Internet on taking away jobs.
The United Nations established the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) as a global multi-stakeholder platform to have policy dialogue on Internet governance issues. The Dynamic Coalition on ‘Internet & Jobs’, under the IGF, realises that there is a lack of sustainable and responsible automation. Thus, this gives the potential of the Internet to build jobs and strengthen the local economies.
Dynamic Coalition on ‘Internet & Jobs’ is an initiative taken by Professor Rajendra Pratap Gupta at the IGF.
You can find more about the coalition on their official website:
The dynamic Coalition on ‘Internet & Jobs’ will serve to achieve two main goals:
1. To build jobs across sectors and geographies, through a multi-stakeholder, ecosystem strategy of; Connect, Coordinate, Activate, Train, and Enable.
2. Help people realise the human resource and entrepreneurial capability of the Internet across the globe.
The collation is working on achieve these goals by:
1. Publishing an annual report on ‘Internet & Jobs’ which will capture the opportunities, best practices, and success stories, to motivate people to leverage the Internet to create local economies and connect them to the global opportunities.
2. Organizing online and offline workshops on how regional communities can leverage the Internet for a suitable life.
3. Showing real-life fictions and brainstorm ideas and inventions at the local IGF and annual ( Internet Governance Forum) IGF meetings.
The Dynamic Coalition, aims to work with individuals, communities, universities, organizations, and the governments to boost the goals of building a vibrant digital economy benefiting local jobs.
We are proud to announce OpenGrowth.org as one of the stakeholders. We are excited to be part of this initiative. We look forward to engage with this alliance with our mPrivacy.org initiative and give our best in achieving the goals set by the coalition. OpenGrowth looks at this as an opportunity to participate in making a difference on the global level.
mPrivacy. org is an initiative for all the telcos and mobile operators to come together and support a common standard for ethical data exchange that is both privacy-preserving while being risk-aware.
We, at OpenGrowth, are always willing to collaborate with different organizations to give transformative ideas and contribute in building future generations. We have a vision - Do Well, Do Good. Serving the world by showing entrepreneur’s a promising way to build a profitable business and also inspiring social entrepreneurs to realize their unique social impact mission; thereby making the world a better place.
About the Author: Beauty Kumari
An eloquent individual, love to express a myriad of topics through her words. She is ready to take any professional challenge head-on and give her best to any project entrusted to her. She wants to make an impact through her writing and build a career out of her passion.
*Note: The content published above was made in collaboration with our members.
The Editorial Team at OpenGrowth is working to provide you with the perfect place to know everything about startups. Feel free to connect to us.