We are running out of time to mitigate catastrophic atmospheric change. Thus, geoengineering's potential to stimulate conflict is likely to be substantial.
Human intervention with the climate system brings into the world as long viewed as an ill-advised and risky stride to slow down global warming. But with carbon emissions rising, initiatives to research and develop geoengineering technologies are gaining traction as a potential last resort.
All About Geo-engineering
Geoengineering is defined by the Oxford Geo-engineering Program as the purposeful large-scale intervention in the earth’s natural systems to neutralize climate change. There are two main types of geoengineering. One is shading the earth from solar radiation, of which the canopy of sulfates in the stratosphere is arising as the quickest, most effective, and least costly. Whereas, the other is to remove more CO2 or other greenhouse gases from the atmosphere than nature currently achieves known as so-called negative emissions.
Also Read: Smart Cities: Urban Technology Projects.
Click on the following links to know all about geo-engineering:
All about geoengineering:
1. What is Geo-engineering. Click Here.
2. Everything you need to know about Geo-engineering. Click Here.
3. What is geoengineering and why should we take care? Click Here.
Geoengineering and climate change:
1. What is Geo-engineering and how could it help tackle climate change? Click Here.
2. What is Geo-engineering and Why is it considered climate change solution? Click Here.
Geo-Engineering companies provide engineering services. The company’s activities include the construction of industrial, energy, transportation, and municipal works; civil engineering projects; execution of foreign economic aid projects on behalf of the central government; interior decoration projects, and much more.
Also Read: Trends in Real Estate Industry
Click on the links to know about some of the geo-engineering companies:
1. Climate engineering companies aim to curb Global Warming with Science. Click Here.
2. The companies that will make the geoengineering business. Click Here.
3. Geo-engineering Companies trying to fight Climate Change. Click Here.
4. Geo-engineering business. Click Here.
5. Geo-engineering projects. Click Here.
Geo-engineering: Pros and Cons
According to research, technology mitigates climate change. It could also help in developing countries to catch up economically, making the world a bit more impartial. Solar geo-engineering is the intentional reflection of sunlight away from the earth's surface, which works to cool down the planet.
Here are some pros and cons of geoengineering, read the links to know more.
1. Geo-engineering risks and benefits.Click Here.
2. Benefits Risks and Costs of Stratospheric Geo-engineering. Click Here.
3. Pros and cons of Geo-engineering. Click Here.
4. Benefits and Risks of using Geo-engineering to Combat Climate Change. Click Here.
We, at OpenGrowth, are continually looking for trending startups in the ecosystem. We are committed to bringing the latest trending startup ideas around the world. Do let us know if you want us to cover a particular topic.
Contributor: Sareen Yasmin
Her passion includes creative writing, reading, and playing around with words. She is looking forward to bringing some change with the power of pen and thoughts. Mic and pen are her best friends.