Carroll County Public Schools is one of 100 school systems chosen to participate within the Google IT Support Professional Certificate pilot program.
This hands-on program, fully developed by Google, introduces learners to the fundamentals of IT support that is critical for success in the workplace. The class would prepare students for an entry-level certification that would immediately place them during a job right after graduating from high school. Or they could pursue the field even further at a college or university.
The pilot program will begin in September 2021 at Francis Scott Key high school and can be expanded to incorporate all high schools.
According to Bill Eckles, Supervisor of Career and Technical Education, “This could also be an incredible opportunity to be able to expand our Information Technology/Computer Science offerings with the support of Google.
CCPS automatically creates a Google classroom for every section an educator is assigned in Synergy. Below are the advantages of using the CCPS created Google classroom.
Must-read: Benefits of Technology in Education
Benefits to CCPS created Google classrooms:
- Classrooms are automatically created, and students are added and withdrawn supported scheduling changes in Synergy.
- Students won't need to type during a join code.
- Classrooms ready by the end of the first week of school.
- Teachers have the power to accept the Google classroom to form it active.
About Google IT Support Certificate Program
The Google IT Support Professional Certificate program is designed to introduce learners to troubleshooting, customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration, and security. This certificate is designed for beginners, so no prior experience is required.
This is the #1 career certificate on Coursera.
- No prior experience is required: Like other courses, you don’t need any prior experience to get enrolled. 61% of learners enrolled don’t have a four-year degree.
- You can set your own pace and timeline: The average learner completes the IT support program in three-to-six months.
- No location barrier: Online classes indeed have removed the location barrier. The IT training courses are 100% online, and there are not any in-person requirements.
- A certificate that helps you stand out: by learning this program, one more skill will be added to your resume. You can share your certificate on your LinkedIn profile, on printed resumes, CVs, and other documents to assist you to distinguish among employees.
Do not miss out: Is Technology Good For Education?
Skills you’ll learn
- Customer service
- Network protocols
- Cloud computing
- Windows operating system
- Linux command line
- Systems administration
- Encryption algorithms and techniques
80% of Google IT Support Professional Certificate learners within the U.S. report a career impact within 6 months, like finding a replacement job, getting a raise, or starting a replacement business.
Expanding Career Opportunities with the Google IT Support Professional Certificate
It’s been more than 2 years since the launch of the Google IT Support Professional Certificate, and thousands of learners have enrolled to start their career in IT. This program will help you become ready for an entry-level IT support role in about 8 months, with no prior experience needed to get started. Assessment given will prepare you for work in the real world. Google employees teach these courses. Learners are given a video series on resume building and interview prep to ensure that you shine within the job search process. Read more about it.
We, at OpenGrowth, are continually looking for trending startups in the ecosystem. If you want to know any further information about the startup ecosystem or have any mind-boggling ideas, do refer our other blogs.