Good Morning!! As we enter a new week, let’s take a look at the latest trending startup news insights.
07th February 2022
1. Vivid Money, a financial super app, raises $114M at an $886M valuation to expand in Europe
Vivid Money, a challenger bank out of Berlin with 500,000 customers, has made a name for itself with a financial one-stop-shop “super app” that, in addition to basic checking and money management services, also includes stock and cryptocurrency investing. Read More.
2. Korean micromobility startup Swing grabs $24M for growth, expands to Japan
Swing, a South Korean electric scooter and micromobility startup, announced today it has raised $24 million in a Series B round to spur its growth and expansion to Japan. Read More.
08th February 2022
1. Electric hydrofoil startup Navier raises $7.2 million in seed funding to build boats in the US
Electric hydrofoil watercraft startup Navier announced a large round of seed funding to help its founders in their quest to democratize waterways by reducing operational costs for electric boat transportation. Read More.
2. Cooks Venture, the chicken company with big dreams, eats up $50M
Cooks Venture, founded by Blue Apron co-founder Matt Wadiak, is looking to dismantle the existing system, one step at a time. It starts with the chickens themselves. Read More.
09th February 2022
1. Starburst, which promises faster analytics on decentralized data, raises $250M
Starburst, the company behind the open-source Presto-based SQL query engine Trino, has raised $250 million in a round of funding as it looks to meet what it calls “growing demand for faster analytics” on decentralized data. Read More.
2. New bio-based textile fiber from Nordic Bioproducts Group
New bio-based textile fiber from Nordic Bioproducts GroupNordic Bioproducts Group, a Finnish startup, has created a new plant-based textile fiber. The company is a spinoff from Aalto University in Finland, which created a patented technology called AaltoCell. Read More.
10th February 2022
1. Wander Raises $20M To Grow Its Luxury Rental Inventory
The company says it will use the capital to purchase more homes to add to its portfolio, which currently includes five properties in California and Oregon. Read More.
2. Speed Networking is Coming to Zoom
Powered by Zoom's "Breakout Rooms" API, the new integration could revolutionize remote networking for businesspeople. Read More
3. Oyo may reduce IPO size, valuation may be readjusted too
Oyo Hotels & Homes is planning to substantially reduce the size of its initial public offering (IPO) in view of adverse secondary market conditions. Read More.
11th February 2022
1. Turo Is Set To Become 2022's First Blockbuster IPO
Car sharing marketplace, Turo Inc has launched its filing for a stock market floatation in the United States. The Daimler AG-backed startups also revealed its finances for the first time, highlighting a 207% jump in revenue in 2021. Read More.
2. 7shifts raises $80M to grow workforce management tech
7shifts, a restaurant workforce management platform, secured $80 million in funding led by Softbank, with additional participation from existing investors Ten Coves Capital and Enlightened Hospitality Investments. Read More.
12th February 2022
1. How This 'Accidental Entrepreneur' Is Taking on Legacy Floral Companies and Disrupting the Industry
As Juan Palacio continues to build his flower empire, here are the most important lessons he's learned along the way. Read More.
2. Singapore blue-chip veteran’s firm raises US$130 mil tech fund
The venture capital firm co-founded by former Singapore Airlines Ltd chairman Koh Boon Hwee closed its first fund at US$130 million to back startups in Southeast Asia’s fast-growing technology industry. Read More.
13th February 2022
1. A new Chinese rocket company has raised more than $100 million
Orienspace was founded in 2020 and announced itself last year after securing initial funding of $65 million, detailing plans for a series of rockets. Read More.
2. With the help of an NFL linebacker, this start-up aims to become the Netflix of education
The mission of the owners of this startup is providing quality education to every student in the world, led to $5.3 million in angel investment from backers. Read More.
If you missed out on the previous week or entire month's updates of startup world news, follow the link to read it now and stay tuned with us for more updates.
We, at OpenGrowth, are constantly looking for the latest news in the startup ecosystem. If you want to share any important news from last week, then do let us know in the comment section below.