Good Morning!! As we enter a new week, let’s take a look at the latest trending startup news insights.
13 December, 2021
1. The Good Glamm Group acquires talent management network MissMalini
Beauty and personal care company The Good Glamm Group, which owns the MyGlamm brand, has acquired celebrity and influencer talent management network MissMalini Entertainment in a cash and stock deal. Read More.
2. Unique closes $6M seed for its AI-driven video calls platform aimed at sales teams
Unique, a video calls platform that uses AI to teach sales teams how to improve their pitches, has closed a $6 million seed round from a bunch of angel investors. Read More.
14 December, 2021
1. Harley-Davidson is spinning off its electric motorcycle brand
Harley-Davidson's electric motorcycle brand, LiveWire, will be spun off as a separate publicly-traded company next year. Read More.
2. Flipkart's Shopsy enters grocery business to take on DealShare, Meesho
Flipkart said that it has started offering groceries as a category on its five-month-old social commerce platform Shopsy. Read More.
15 December, 2021
1. Kalendar AI wants its sales bots to win your next customers
Kalendar AI, a San Francisco-based startup that’s been building on top of GPT-3‘s language model developing a SaaS for automating lead generation and sales outreach to make it easier for companies to get initial meetings with prospective customers. Read More
2. E-commerce marketplace The List checks off new funding, new app
The List joins the social commerce movement with a new app connecting consumers with global luxury brands and retailers to offer a personalized discovery and shopping experience. Read More.
16 December, 2021
1. India’s most valuable startup Byju’s in talks to go public via record SPAC deal
Indian Edtech giant Byju’s, the nation’s most valuable startup, is in talks to go public in the U.S. by merging with a blank check company led by Churchill Capital, a person familiar with the matter said. Read More.
2. Purplle acquires cosmetics brand Faces Canada
Beauty and personal care e-commerce platform Purplle has acquired cosmetics and skincare brand, Faces Canada. Both the companies are backed by Sequoia Capital. Read More.
17 December, 2021
1. This Texas startup is 3D printing a neighborhood. Is it the future of housing?
ICON CEO Jason Ballard discusses the company's plans to 3D print a 100 home community in Austin, but is the technology really a solution to the housing crisis? Read More.
2. Reddit’s Co-Founder, Polygon Pledge $200M for Web3 Social Media, Gaming
A new investment fund from Polygon and Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian could help speed up that process, however. Read More.
3. Coinbase Plans 'Identity Tools' to Access the Metaverse, Store Your NFTs
Coinbase is working on tools to let people access the metaverse—a loosely-defined term that describes an emerging digital world where we work, live, play, and shop. Read More.
18 December, 2021
1. Kotak Securities To Acquire 7.5% Stake In Fintech Startup Entroq
Kotak Securities will acquire 7.5% stake in Entroq Technologies for INR 3 Cr. Entroq is a financial technology startup, focused on providing a short-curated financial news platform and a social community (Circles) for early-stage investors and millennials. Read More.
19 December, 2021
1. These former Stanford students are building an app to change your accent
Now their company, Sanas, is testing out artificial intelligence-powered software that aims to eliminate miscommunication by changing people's accents in real-time. Read More.
If you missed out on the previous week or entire month's updates of startup world news, follow the link to read it now and stay tuned with us for more updates.
We, at OpenGrowth, are constantly looking for the latest news in the startup ecosystem. If you want to share any important news from last week, then do let us know in the comment section below.