Happy Monday Morning. It's time for the weekly round up. Before we begin the new week, let’s take a look at the startup world related news for the last week.
19th July, Sunday
- As ETF Launches A £167 Million Fund Are Investors Warming To Profit And Purpose Ventures
- India’s vernacular audio boom: 7 homegrown apps serving the 'next billion users'
- Next 10 years will be India's golden moment in key sectors, says Silicon Valley venture capitalist
- A startup is building a balloon to transport tourists to the 'edge of space' for $125,000.
Read more at: https://www.businessinsider.in/thelife/news/a-startup-is-building-a-balloon-to-transport-tourists-to-the-aposedge-of-spaceapos-for-125000-see-what-the-spaceship-neptune-may-look-like-/slidelist/77051843.cms
18th July, Saturday
- 30% of restaurants could permanently close because of the pandemic.
- Autonomous vehicle startup AutoX lands driverless testing permit in California
- India Defends 2% Equalisation Levy On Non-Resident Digital Firms
17th July, Friday
- Instagram and Google Launch Interactive Online Shopping Portals
Read more at: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/353451
- Vedantu Becomes Second Most Valued Edtech Startup After Raising $100 mn in Series D Round
Read more at: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/353465
- Austin’s Eterneva, which makes diamonds from cremated ashes, raises $3 million for expansion
- Seattle’s Create33 and Microsoft form startup accelerator supporting entrepreneurs of color
- Virtual pharmacy Medly scores $100M in Series B funding
- Startup develops 'Veli Band' wearable hand band to ensure social distancing
16th July, Thursday
- Seattle’s newest billion-dollar startup: Qumulo reaches unicorn status with $125M round
- Gem Raises $37 Million In Effort To Become The Middleman Between LinkedIn And Workday
- Elon Musk says his brain chip Neuralink company could 're-train' area associated with depression and addiction
- Portland cloud infrastructure automation startup Puppet raises $40M
- Curefit Forays Into Ready-To-Eat Segment; Launches Two Variants
Read more at: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/353391
15th July, Wednesday
- Privacy.com, a virtual payment card startup, raises $10.2M in Series A
- Crisp, the platform for demand forecasting the food supply chain, gets $12 million in funding
- WeMo, one of Taiwan’s biggest scooter-sharing platforms, gears up for international expansion
14th July, Tuesday
- Amazon unveils its own smart grocery cart, in new effort to automate physical retail checkout
- Contrary Launches Gap Year Fund, Giving Students $100,000 to Start Companies Instead of Taking Classes
- Google, Facebook, Microsoft Join Harvard, MIT In Lawsuit Against New Student Visa Rule
- Electric car maker Fisker to go public with $2.9B valuation
- GoDutch – India's answer to Splitwise – raises funds from Matrix Partners, Tinder and Twitch co-founders among others
Read more at: https://www.businessinsider.in/business/startups/news/godutch-india-answer-to-splitwise-raises-funds-from-matrix-partners-tinder-and-twitch-co-founders-among-others/articleshow/76952791.cms
- Tumi Robotics snags US$250,000-worth prize in cash and services through HAX accelerator
13th July, Monday
- Robinhood, the fintech startup raises another $320 million at an $8.6 billion valuation
- Google Launches $10 Bn Digitization Fund To Back India’s Digital Future
- VC fund HealthQuad raises Rs 514 cr for 2nd fund
- Ackman’s Blank-Check Company Boosts IPO Target to $4 Billion
We, at OpenGrowth, are constantly looking for latest news in the startup ecosystem. If you want to share any important news from last week, then do let us know in the comment section below.
News Curated by: Priya Nath
Priya Nath has a keen interest in startups. She is remembered as a geeky student by her classmates. Her passion includes owning innovative gadgets, networking and psychology.