Good Morning Monday!! Here are the latest weekly startup stories for you. Before starting this week grab some latest updates from startup world.
15th March, 2021
1. Stripe closes $600M round at a $95B valuation
Stripe has closed $600 million, at a valuation of $95 billion. Company will use the funding to expand its business in Europe, with a focus on its European HQ, click to explore more.
2. Genesis raises $45M to expand its fintech-focussed low-code platform to more verticals
Genesis - giving non-technical employees the tools to create ways to monitor and manage real-time risk, high-frequency trades and other activities - has picked up $45 million. Read more
3. Building-code compliance startup UpCodes gets $3.36M in pre-Series A funding
UpCodes, a startup that develops building-code compliance tools, manages to raised $3.36 million in pre-Series A funding. The new funding was led by Berlin-based Point Nine Capital, which focuses on SaaS and online marketplaces. Read more
16th March, 2021
1. Aiming to become the definitive source for location data, SafeGraph raises $45M
SafeGraph has raised $45 million in Series B funding, bringing its total funding to $61 million. It is providing the highest-quality places data to data science teams, and earned the trust of some of the largest public and private institutions. Read more
2. Overwolf raises $52.5M for its platform to build, distribute and monetize in-game, user-generated content
Overwolf, which has built a popular platform for gaming fans to build modifications (mods) and additional tools for all kinds of PC games, raised $52.5 million in growth funding and the launch of a new content creation. Read more
3. Noogata raises $12M seed round for its no-code enterprise AI platform
Noogata, a startup that offers a no-code AI solution for enterprises, and it has raised a $12 million. Company offers a collection of what are essentially pre-built AI building blocks that enterprises can then connect to third-party tools, click to read more.
17th March, 2021
1. Cash-and-send fintech startup Diem raises $5.5M seed led by Fasanara Capital
London, U.K.-based fintech startup Diem, has raised a seed round of $5.5 million. Diem is a debit card with an app affording instant cash access, traditional banking service benefits but also allowing consumers to dispose of goods for eventual resale. Read more
2. Oso announces $8.2M Series A to simplify authorization for developers
Oso, an early-stage startup, has created an open-source library for developers to make it easier to build authorization in their applications. Read more
3. Pixxel closes $7.3M seed round and unveils commercial hyperspectral imaging product
LA and Bangalore-based space startup Pixxel has closed a $7.3 million seed round, has also announced a new product focus: hyperspectral imaging. It aims to provide that imaging at the highest resolution commercially available, click to know more.
4. Writing helper Copy.ai raises $2.9M in a round led by Craft Ventures
Copy.ai, a startup building AI-powered copywriting tools for business customers, announced a $2.9 million round. The unorthodox startup also put together an unorthodox round, read more
5. Vulcan Cyber raises $21M Series B for its vulnerability remediation platform
Tel Aviv-based Vulcan Cyber, a cybersecurity startup that helps businesses prioritize and fix security vulnerabilities, it has raised a $21 million Series B funding. The company use the new funding to roll out new remediation solutions and launch a free risk-based vulnerability management platform. Read more
18th March, 2021
1. Slapdash raises $3.7M seed to ship a workplace apps
Slapdash is aiming to carve a new niche out for itself among workplace software tools. The company offers a free tier for users indexing up to five apps and creating 10 commands and spaces; any more than that and you level up into a $12 per month paid plan. Read more
2. Kuda raises $25M more led by Valar to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet
Kuda Technologies, is announcing funding to continue building out its specific ambition: to provide a modern banking service for Africans. Kuda currently provides services for consumers to save and spend money, and it has recently introduced overdrafts. Read more
3. OpenReel raises $19M to simplify remote video production
A startup OpenReel, has raised $19 million in Series A funding. Technology makes the process much simpler,.The software allows a remote director to control a webcam or mobile device, along with up to four people recording and four people viewing the shoot in real time.
4. Secureframe raises $18M Series A to simplify cybersecurity compliance
Secureframe, has raised $18 million at Series A. fresh funding round will help the company grow beyond the two certifications into an enterprise-grade risk and compliance management platform. read more
5. Miami startup Asteya launches to provide ‘income insurance
Miami-based disability insurance startup Asteya, small business owners and gig workers, launched with a seed round of $10 million. Asteya is targeting with its first product. It offers up to $500,000 in protection through a one-time payout for a monthly fee. Read more
19th March, 2021
1. Fetcher raises $6.5M to automate parts of the recruiting process
Fetcher, a startup that promises to make the recruiting process hassle free while also diversifying the candidate pool, it has raised $6.5 million in Series A funding. It automates parts of recruiters’ jobs, like finding job candidates and sending the initial outreach emails. Read more
2. Fortify raises a $20M Series B for its composite manufacturing 3D printer
The Boston-based startup raised $20 million Series B equity round. Fortify is attempting to stake out a claim in material deposits. Using digital light processing (DLP) tech, the company can mix and print in a variety of different materials, with a wide range of properties. Read more
3. Yotpo raises $230M at a $1.4B valuation
E-commerce marketing startup Yotpo raises $230M at a $1.4B valuation. The platform currently consists of four main products — Yotpo SMS Marketing, Yotpo Loyalty & Referrals, Yotpo Reviews and Yotpo Visual UGC — which integrate with each other, as well as with e-commerce platforms. Read more
20th March, 2021
1. Tractian gets the Y Combinator seal of approval for its equipment monitoring tech
Brazilian startup developed software that can analyze the data coming off of the sensors to predict when a machine might need maintenance. Read more
2. Fort raises $13M for its robotics safety software
Fort Robotics manages to raise $13 million. The newer company is focused more on safety software, for collaborative robotics and other autonomous systems. Among the other issues being tackled by the company is cybersecurity vulnerability among these sots of workplace robotics. Read more
If you missed out the previous week or entire month updates of startup world news, follow the link to read it now and stay updated with every passing update with us.
We, at OpenGrowth, are constantly looking for latest news in the startup ecosystem. If you want to share any important news from last week, then do let us know in the comment section below.