Good Morning!! As we enter a new week, let’s take a look at the latest trending startup news insights.
15th November, 2021
1. Australian startup that builds e-bikes and offers micromobility subscriptions
Zoomo offers gig workers a weekly subscription, which includes servicing, for anywhere from $20 per week to $49 per week. Zoomo wants to start developing light vehicles to address parcel delivery and other urban last-mile form factors. Read more
2. Doola raises $3M to help global founders launch an LLC in the US
Doola’s mission is to help its clients by means of the incorporation course of to allow them to “confidently acquire funds, construct credibility, keep authorized and make more cash, read more.
16th November, 2021
1. Hydrosat closes another $10M in funding for ground temperature analytics product
The company aims to collect surface temperature data using satellites equipped with infrared sensors. Read more
2. Heyday raises funds to buy up and scale more D2C brands in the Amazon marketplace universe
San Francisco-based Heyday, which buys up and then grows direct-to-consumer merchants and brands that have found initial traction, leveraging the Amazon marketplace, read more.
17th November, 2021
1. Defacto offers embedded credit products to small companies
Defacto, a new French startup, wants to offer credit products via an API. It automatically analyzes your sales to give you an answer in real time. It is an embedded financial product, which means it doesn’t sell its loan offering directly to small businesses. Read more
2. Respira Launches AI Wearable for Lung Function for COPD, COVID, Asthma
Sylvee is a brand new wearable from Respira Labs which continuously measures lung function. A product that’s worn at the lower part of the rib cage, and it promises to easily and continuously assess lung function without having to blow into anything. Read more
3. Roleshare launches job-sharing marketplace to match professionals, raises pre-seed round
Roleshare is a talent marketplace that matches professionals with each other so they can both apply and share one full-time job. Read more
18th November, 2021
1. Meet the Mom of 3 Who Opened a Bookstore On a Bus
The mom of three has been deeply heartened to see the impact her bookstore on wheels is making. DeVaughn continues to dream big, hoping to partner with schools, do book fairs that offer fair prices and diverse titles, read more.
2. Manchester City suspend partnership with cryptocurrency start-up 3Key
That process has now been halted, with the decision believed to be based on 3Key’s lack of online presence. Read More
3. Lucid touts 17,000-plus Air EV reservations after successful IPO
Lucid delivered its first Air EVs to customers, navigated a successful initial public offering and locked in a Tesla-beating range rating from the EPA. Read more
4. For those who want to turn travel into dollars, Fora can help start your next career
Fora plans to use the new investment to onboard new advisors, product development and go-to-market. Read more
19th November, 2021
1. Two companies awarded $75K from Alabama Launchpad startup competition
Alabama Launchpad, founded in 2006, directs funding to startups through competitions in an effort to drive innovation and job creation. Read more
2. Ag-tech startup gets $300 million from ADM, others
Chicago-based ADM wants to use Farmers Business Network, which has extensive data on its 33,000 farm customers, to track sustainability, says co-founder Charles Baron. Read more
20th November, 2021
1. Ford Abandons Plans to Jointly Develop EV with Rivian
Ford Motor Co. has abandoned plans to jointly develop an electric vehicle with Rivian Automotive Inc., the startup in which the legacy automaker has a 12% stake. Read more
2. This startup is using rice hulls to solve water scarcity
It’s a circular economy solution that turns rice hulls into a high-performance hybrid water filtration media. It’s faster, more efficient and significantly cheaper than traditional water filtration methods. Read more
21st November, 2021
1. Astra rocket reaches orbit for 1st time on test flight for US military
NASA selected Astra to launch its Time-Resolved Observations of Precipitation Structure and Storm Intensity with a Constellation of Smallsats mission, read more.
2. Sufresca Accelerates Its Green Solution to Reduce Waste and Plastic
AgriTech start-up Sufresca, Ltd. developed an edible, biodegradable, water-based emulsion composed of wholly natural food ingredients and inbuilt with advanced modified atmosphere properties. Read more
If you missed out the previous week or entire month updates of startup world news, follow the link to read it now and stay updated with every passing update with us.
We, at OpenGrowth, are constantly looking for latest news in the startup ecosystem. If you want to share any important news from last week, then do let us know in the comment section below.