Good Morning!! As we enter a new week, let’s take a look at the latest trending startup news insights.
18th October, 2021
1. Limbix releases clinical trial data on a self-guided mental health app for teens
Limbix, a company creating digital therapeutics for adolescents, SparkRx is a self-guided therapy program for teens run entirely on a phone. Read more
2. Our Next Energy closes $25M Series A for battery tech with backing from Bill Gates, BMW
Michigan-based startup Our Next Energy (ONE) plans to manufacture the batteries in Michigan with a contract manufacturing partner, and the funding will be used to accelerate product development, read more.
3. Dance Church raises $4.7M to get your bootie back again on the (digital) dance floor
The enterprise started out with 4 to five individuals collecting in a dance studio in Seattle, but quickly grew in recognition and influence, read more.
19th October, 2021
1. UK instant gifting app Prsnt launches from beta to enable users to choose gifts from high street brands
The search for the term “online gift” has increased by over 80% last year. It was a perfect time for a UK-based tech startup and the developer of the instant gifting app Prsnt. Read more
2. Facebook taps Coinbase for its new digital wallet for cryptocurrencies called Novi
Facebook announced it’s renaming and rebranding its digital wallet from Calibra to Novi. Novi is a digital wallet that helps people send and receive money internationally — instantly, securely, and with no fees. Read more.
3. Owlytics Healthcare Launches Enterprise Health Analytics Solution for Multiple Sclerosis Research Studies
Israeli medtech startups- Owlytics Healthcare, provides real-time monitoring for independent and assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and other healthcare services. Read more.
20th October, 2021
1. PayPal is reportedly exploring to acquire Pinterest for $45 billion
California-based PayPal has “recently approached” Pinterest about a potential buyout. Reportedly exploring the purchase of the digital pinboard site Pinterest Inc for $45 billion, read more.
2. SoftBank-backed Flock Freight is the freight industry’s newest unicorn
Flock Freight has developed a software-driven “shared truckload” service called FlockDirect — think of it as carpooling for shipping customers, letting them pool their goods and avoid terminals and hub transfers in the process. Read more
3. Stampli, the invoice management platform, launches a digital card
Stampli Card is built on top of the Stampli platform, which integrates all payments into a single system. Stampli Card is fully digital, but the company has plans to offer a physical card soon.
21st October, 2021
1. Socratic nabs $3M seed to build data-driven task management system for developers
As an early-stage startup, the company has decided to focus on the software development process for starters. Read more.
2. Yolo-Powered Arsenal Innovation Lab Launches Hunt for Tech Startups
Arsenal Innovation Lab is offering a £250,000 Investment and prize pool to hunt for new tech start-ups, application deadline is 10 December 2021. Read more
3. Would you get an eye scan in exchange for free cryptocurrency?
Worldcoin promises to hand out free cryptocurrency to people who verify their accounts by taking an iris scan. Read more
22nd October, 2021
1. AI-Enabled StartUp Is Helping Businesses Tackle Digital Fraud
Com Olhois a Cyber Security as a Service Platform (Cy-aaS) with in-build real time API’s, that is focused on detecting and preventing ad fraud independently through AI based technology intervention. Read more
2. a16z, Base Partners cook up $15M in funding for Colombia cloud kitchen concept Foodology
Foodology currently operates 20 kitchens in six cities across Colombia and 10 in Mexico and has 60 corporate employees and over 300 in its kitchens. Read more
23rd October, 2021
1. The Start-up Growing Protein With Robots To Decarbonize Agriculture
FYTO, a US ag tech company producing aquatic plants in a controlled and automated environment. FYTO’s aquatic plant-based feed product could replace soy and alfalfa proteins on a one-to-one basis, read more.
2. Student Transport Startup Zūm Nears Unicorn Value
School transport startup Zūm freshly raised $130 million Series D round that now values the company at just shy of unicorn status. It has a mission to reimagine student transportation in a way that saves time and money and also helps students with special needs. Read more
24th October, 2021
1. Meet Four Startups That Are Shaping The Foodtech Industry
Technologiess is transforming the way that the food industry operates, and giving rise to a new digital industry, known as foodtech. Innovations that meet growing consumer demands for convenience, product freshness and environmental sustainability are set to define the future of this sector. Read more
2. Intelligent Implants raises $8.7M to help you grow a spine
The company’s smart implants’ first application is in spinal fusion surgery — where two or more vertebrae are permanently connected to improve stability, correct a deformity or reduce pain. Read more
If you missed out the previous week or entire month updates of startup world news, follow the link to read it now and stay updated with every passing update with us.
We, at OpenGrowth, are constantly looking for latest news in the startup ecosystem. If you want to share any important news from last week, then do let us know in the comment section below.