Good Morning!! As we enter a new week, let’s take a look at the latest trending startup news insights.
1st November, 2021
1. Decoding GoMechanic’s current shareholding, valuation and ESOP plan
GoMechanic had raised $42 million in a new round led by Tiger in June and the New York-based investor has just picked up 34 employee stock options (ESOPs) from the employees along with other backers, read more.
2. Stanford engineers team up with Michelin-star chef to build modular restaurants
Mezli’s prototype robot restaurant is making a minority of the bowls served to customers and is supplemented by a human-powered kitchen. Read more
2nd November, 2021
1. Irish startup introduces FoodMarble, the world's first personal digestive tracker
The FoodMarble AIRE can help anyone suffering with digestive issues minimize symptoms with its patented, industry-leading technology that takes the guesswork out of eating by allowing people to track the foods they digest in real-time. Read more
2. Coinbase acquires Bengaluru-based deep tech startup Agara
Coinbase, the cryptocurrency exchange giant from the US, has acquired Agara, an AI-powered support platform with operations in India and the US, read more.
3. Music wearable Mictic raises $2.5M to get you shredding, scratching and strumming
The Mictic device is a pair of wristbands that includes sensors to measure your movements. It connects to your smartphone, and the app unlocks music-making creativity for beginners with zero music skills at all. Read more
3rd November, 2021
1. ZipCharge Go is a portable powerbank for your electric vehicle
The ZipCharge Go is essentially a portable battery pack like the kind you’d use for a smartphone, except it’s meant for an electric vehicle. Read more
2. Faze raises $17.4 mn from investors led by Tiger
Faze said its goal is to help create a direct connection between the creator and the consumer built on three tenets—true ownership and the ability to showcase the NFTs on social media; read more.
3. Singapore-based cashback platform ShopBack acquires BNPL service Hoolah
The merger means new features will be added to ShopBack’s platform, evolving it from a loyalty app for e-commerce purchases to enabling transactions with BNPL options.
4th November, 2021
1. Israeli clean energy tech startup High Hopes Labs develops balloons to capture carbon for recycling
High Hopes Labs said it plans to send fleets of balloons into the upper atmosphere that will trap carbon dioxide for recycling. Read more
2. iRocket and Turion Space ink agreement for 10 launches to low Earth orbit
The company has begun testing its hardware, including injector testing and rocket engine testing, at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center. Read more
5th November, 2021
1. Paytm may consider Bitcoin offerings if India legalizes cryptocurrency
Paytm, India’s digital payments pioneer, would consider Bitcoin offerings if the nation’s authorities removed regulatory uncertainty of crypto currencies. Read more.
2. Goodly, focused on student loan repayment as an employee benefit, finds tailwinds
The startup, which aims to make it dead simple for companies to offer tax-free student loan repayment as an employee benefit, is profitable. Read more
6th November, 2021
1. Telemedicine startup MomentMD establishing Alabama headquarters
MomentMD has developed a comprehensive telemedicine platform designed to optimize personal health care, read more.
2. Blockchain startup 5ire secures $10 million in private sale
The innovation being developed by 5ireChain is based on its nPoS based consensus mechanism and its core technology, "Proof of 5ire". Read more
7th November, 2021
1. Japanese flying car startup SkyDrive has won a key safety certificate
Tokyo-based flying car startup SkyDrive successfully flew a prototype eVTOL vehicle called SD-03 with a pilot. SD-3 is a lot smaller than eVTOL prototypes developed by U.S. companies aiming the urban air taxi market, read more.
2. E-scooter startup Lime raises $523 mln, eyes going public in 2022
Urban mobility company Lime, had raised $523 million from investors to scale up production of its latest e-scooters and e-bikes, read more.
If you missed out the previous week or entire month updates of startup world news, follow the link to read it now and stay updated with every passing update with us.
We, at OpenGrowth, are constantly looking for latest news in the startup ecosystem. If you want to share any important news from last week, then do let us know in the comment section below.