Good Morning!! As we enter a new week, let’s take a look at the latest trending startup news insights.
20th December, 2021
1. How this fitness gear startup made a name for itself
In just a few years, a Dubai fitness-gear startup has gone from a local to a global brand. Squatwolf produces premium gym clothing for dedicated athletes. Read More.
2. Ameelio’s free video calling service for inmates goes live at first facilities
Ameelio, a nonprofit startup that intends to replace inmate-paid video calling in prisons with a free service, is making inroads against the companies that have dominated the space for decades. Read More.
21st December, 2021
1. Ampla raises $40M Series A for its business of providing credit to commerce brands
Ampla Technologies, a startup that provides financing to small-to-medium sized consumer-facing businesses, announced today it has raised $40 million in a Series A round of funding co-led by VMG Partners and Forerunner Ventures. Read More.
2. Runwise saves money and the planet by educating dumb buildings
Runwise is already in 4,000-ish buildings and announced it raised $11 million to put its tech into many thousand more. The company has a winning win/win combination of saving landlords money while giving planet earth a break in the process. Read More.
22nd December, 2021
1. Swiggy in talks to invest in Rapido as part of a larger financing round for the bike-taxi startup
Food-delivery company Swiggy is in the final stages of discussions to invest in Bangalore-based bike-taxi startup Rapido. If the investment deal goes through it will help Swiggy enhance its last-mile delivery capabilities and bolster its quick commerce ambitions. Read More.
2. Fintech startup Tyke gets $1.5 million funding from 9Unicorns, others
Tyke, a Mumbai-based fintech startup, has raised $1.5 million in pre-seed funding from 9Unicorns, Better Capital, Ratio Ventures, and Venture Catalysts. Read More.
23rd December, 2021
1. Cybersecurity startup Snyk reportedly planning mid-2022 IPO
Cybersecurity startup Snyk Ltd. is planning to go public via an initial public offering as early as next year, a report said. Read More.
2. Despite scrapped IPO, Babbel sees fast growth for its language learning service
Berlin-based language learning service Babbel was supposed to IPO on the Frankfurt stock exchange in late September. But only a few days before the initial listing the company pulled the plug with an eye on the developing Evergrande debt crisis that made the global stock markets very nervous. Read More.
24th December, 2021
1. E-commerce technology startup Skio raises $3.7M in funding
Skio, a new startup working to make it easier for e-commerce companies to sell subscription-based offerings, on Thursday said that it has closed a $3.7 million seed funding round. Read More.
2. D2C brand Mamaearth acquires content platform Mompresso
Honasa Consumer, the parent company of direct-to-consumer or D2C brand Mamaearth said it has acquired woman-focused content platform Momspresso and its associated influencer engagement platform Momspresso MyMoney for an undisclosed amount. Read More.
25th December, 2021
1. Tekpon: The Startup Helping Businesses Find the Right Software
The digitization of corporate America has resulted in multiple challenges for IT teams across the country. However, few challenges could be deemed bigger than software waste, an issue that Tekpon is now looking to solve. Read More.
26th December, 2021
1. Italian Tech Startup Revives Einstein’s Father’s, Power Plant
Entrepreneurs restart the 1895 hydroelectric station to help drive enterprises serving Uber, Airbnb, and others. A Roman tech company has been inspired by Einstein—Hermann Einstein, that is—to do its part for renewable energy here in the countryside south of Milan. Read More.
2. Digital twins build a new presence in the construction industry
Commercial construction is an orchestration exercise of almost unimaginable complexity that has nevertheless long been managed mostly on paper. Read More.
If you missed out on the previous week or entire month's updates of startup world news, follow the link to read it now and stay tuned with us for more updates.
We, at OpenGrowth, are constantly looking for the latest news in the startup ecosystem. If you want to share any important news from last week, then do let us know in the comment section below.