Good Morning!! As we enter a new week, let’s take a look at the latest trending startup news insights.
22nd November, 2021
1. What happened to Paytm’s IPO valuation?
Was Paytm simply mispriced in its public debut? If so, we don’t have to spend as much time wondering if the larger Indian stock market is less than welcoming toward tech unicorns. Read more
2. Wave brings some science and sanity to the business of mental health
Wave is primarily going after with its digital platform, which is taking an inclusivity-first approach to making tools and techniques available to young adults. Read more
23rd November. 2021
1. Porsche acquires a majority stake in high-end electric bike maker Greyp
Porsche characterized the decision to take a controlling interest in Greyp as part of its broader plan to invest in zero- and low-emission vehicles, including plug-in hybrid vehicles and the all-electric Porsche Taycan. Read more
2. French insurtech startup Leocare raises big funding round
French startup Leocare handle all your insurance needs under a single roof. The startup can insure your home, your car, your motorbike and your smartphone. Read more
3. This powerful electric boat from ex-SpaceX engineers is the latest e-watersports startup
The electric watersports industry isn’t exactly overflowing with options, so it’s great to see new companies bobbing up. And with this level of backing and support, Arc appears to be on the right course. Read more
24th November, 2021
1. Coinbase acquires crypto wallet startup BRD
The team brings deep expertise in self-custody for crypto wallets, which will help Wallet enable more people to safely and securely access the decentralized world of crypto, read more.
2. Self-driving electric tractor startup to boost production eight-fold
The startup has announced that it’s raised $61 million to scale up production from the current 2 tractors a day to about 16 by the fall of 2023. Read more
25th November, 2021
1. This Japanese start-up has designed a wind turbine that can work in typhoons
Challenergy has designed a turbine that works in cyclonic conditions, which typically shut down most wind installations, turning them into a potential energy source. Read more
2. Pyxo wants to build the biggest network of reusable food containers
The idea behind Pyxo comes from a fair at the Tuileries gardens in Paris. Right next to the food stands, waste bins were overflowing with soda cups, clamshell burger containers and various single-use food packaging.
3. Perfeggt brings in first capital to shell out plant-based egg alternative
Perfeggt’s first plant-based egg product is a protein-rich liquid alternative made from fava beans. The company will initially be launching its product with food service organizations. Read more
4. Airbahn: New SoCal-Based US Airline Startup
Airbahn has just taken delivery of its first Airbus A320 in the United States. Read more
26th November, 2021
1. Crypto data firm DappRadar set to launch its own token
DappRadar, a crypto startup that provides data to analyze decentralized applications (dapps), is set to launch its own native token called radar. Read more
2. Flowrite is an AI writing productivity tool that wants to help you hit inbox zero
Flowrite helps you write the thing in the first place, so long as the thing is email or some other professional messaging type comms. Read more
27th November, 2021
1. A Grassroots Baby Food Brand Attracts $12 Million In Venture vision to Expands From E-Commerce To Traditional Retail
Amara, which grew through word of mouth and expanded into traditional retail, raised the funding and industry expertise from Eat Well Group will help to accelerate, read more.
2. This startup is helping Microsoft and others figure out how to cut their carbon footprint
The consulting and investment firm Carbon Direct is helping businesses forge these greener paths, most notably assisting Microsoft create its plan for becoming carbon negative by the end of the decade. Read more
3. Cliqtech started, and now dominates the Fidtech industry
Consumers would have improved fiduciary services, specialists could offer new products and grow revenue, and Cliqtech could have a positive social impact. Read more
28th November, 2021
1. First 'robotaxis' enter service in Beijing
Beijing this week approved its first autonomous taxis for commercial use, bringing dozens of the so-called "robotaxis" to the streets of the Chinese capital. It can only carry two passengers at a time, read more.
2. The US is getting another startup airline, California-based Airbahn
Airbahn is the latest startup carrier to plan to launch during the pandemic.The airline has been teasing its launch for months on its social media. Read more
If you missed out the previous week or entire month updates of startup world news, follow the link to read it now and stay updated with every passing update with us.
We, at OpenGrowth, are constantly looking for latest news in the startup ecosystem. If you want to share any important news from last week, then do let us know in the comment section below.