Good Morning!! As we enter a new week, let’s take a look at the latest trending startup news insights.
25th October, 2021
1. AtomChat secures new funding to capitalize on Latin American trend of sales through messaging
AtomChat develops artificial intelligence conversational software that focuses on improving sales team performance by converting more of asynchronous messages to WhatsApp. To accelerate its product development and international expansion plans, the company secured $ 3.1.
2. Routine is a new productivity app that combines task management and notes
Once your tasks are in Routine, you can manage them from the Routine app. In addition to the regular to-do app actions, such as rescheduling a task or marking it as complete, read more.
3. Hera is a new calendar app for people with a lot of virtual meetings
Hera helps you schedule meetings more easily with natural language processing and lets you share availabilities in an email or any messaging app. Read more
26th October, 2021
1. Agri-tech startup DeHaat raises $115 million in the largest agritech round in India
DeHaat has a strong commitment to continue investing in the technology. Earlier this year, it acquired Farm Guide -- a SaaS based platform to provide satellite-based insights & advisory to farmers. Read more
2. Malaysia-based Poladrone bags up funds in seed round to protect crops
The company today announced that it has raised a $ 4.29 million seed round led by Wavemaker Partners. This is based on data that it is the largest seed round ever procured in Malaysia. Read more
3. India’s Chalo acquires Amazon-backed bus aggregator Shuttl
Chalo, a startup that is digitizing bus commutes in India has acquired Amazon-backed app-based office commute bus aggregator Shuttl in an all-cash deal, read more.
27th October, 2021
1. Cloud migration startup BitTitan acquired by B2B software company Idera
A Seattle-area cloud services provider-BitTitan, has been acquired by Idera, an Austin-based company that manages a portfolio of B2B software brands. Read more
2. Biotech startup Shiru sprouting plant-based ingredients with new capital infusion
Protein biochemist Dr. Jasmin Hume started Shiru in 2019, and the company uses a “precision fermentation” process to create plant-based ingredients for food companies. Read more
3. YETiCO raises seed for its tap-a-device to simply divide the bill and tip
YETiCo was introduced in 2019 and offers restaurants a bill-splitting, table-paying restaurant device. The Tap to Tip device now has an exclusive distribution agreement with TiPJAR and is now available in over 300 bars and restaurants across the UK. Read more
28th October, 2021
1. A new start-up specialising in recycling plastic waste promises
Start-up in Cameroon offers new hope in the fight against plastic pollution. The plastic waste is sorted and recover more or less clean waste that then crush to transform it into granules. Read more
2. Yugabyte expands its fully managed enterprise cloud service with $188M
YugabyteDB delivers built-in capabilities for software upgrades, backups, and other maintenance tasks, as well as replication and geo-partitioning for improved latency and compliance.
3. Skypod firm in UAE tied to investment company flagged abroad
uSky showed off what they described as an energy-efficient, smart solution to fly above traffic across the Emirates, a country home to skyscraper-studded Dubai that long has embraced anything futuristic.
29th October, 2021
1. UK’s electric Arrival promises greener deliveries
Electric vehicle start-up, Arrival design uses different materials which it says dramatically reduces weight while saving space. Read more
2. Bill Gates’ Eco Venture Backs ‘Neutral’ Milk To Moove Industry’s Emissions Down
Neutral, an eco-conscious milk brand that aims to “fight climate change,” Neutral is helping to reduce its carbon footprint include studying the methane produced by cows, and delivery trucks’ emissions on the road. Read more
3. Freshly launched Span Drive continues Span’s mission to smarten up your home
Span is one of the companies running point on adding some smarts to the process. The company today launched the Span Drive, an EV charger that is making it possible to further empower your EV based on various rules. Read more
30th October, 2021
1. Mobikwik, Oyo Rooms and Delhivery to soon join the IPO startup party
Following the success of Zomato’s listings, many of these new-age businesses are readying IPO plans. Read more
2. Facebook changes its name to Meta
Facebook’s name change is the most definitive signal so far of the company’s intention to stake its future on a new computing platform -- the metaverse, an idea born in the imaginations of sci-fi novelists. Read more
31st October, 2021
1. Rolls-Royce and Qatar set to launch multibillion fund for UK green engineering startups
Qatar plans to launch a fund to invest billions in new green engineering projects in the U.K. in partnership with Rolls-Royce, read more.
2. Mobility startup IntrCity sees spike in demand as bus travel peaks to an all-time high
The platform is doing five lakh bookings a month with an annualised rate of $80 million in consumer spending, as travel picks up across India, according to a release. Read more
If you missed out the previous week or entire month updates of startup world news, follow the link to read it now and stay updated with every passing update with us.
We, at OpenGrowth, are constantly looking for latest news in the startup ecosystem. If you want to share any important news from last week, then do let us know in the comment section below.