Good Morning!! As we enter a new week, let’s take a look at the latest trending startup news insights.
30th August, 2021
1. Money transfer startup Remitly reveals financial results in preparation for upcoming IPO
Remitly generated $257 million in revenue and a $32.5 million net loss in 2020, doubling its annual revenue and cutting its loss nearly in half. Read more
2. Moz co-founder’s venture fund for women-led initiatives makes its first investment
Gillian Muessig, a tech industry veteran who helped launch SEO company Moz in 2004. made its first investment in women-led startup Fyrii.AI, a Silicon Valley-based enterprise sales startup run by a woman of color, Padma Subramanian. Read more
31st August, 2021
1. Snap Raise raises $90M as it expands digital platform to aid high school teams
Seattle-based startup Snap Raise, that helps high school teams and clubs with digital fundraising, has closed a $90 million financing round, read more.
2. Compound Foods brews up $4.5M to make coffee without beans
Compound Foods uses synthetic biology to create coffee without coffee beans by extracting molecules. Saenz said the company spent a lot of time examining what makes coffee, well coffee, and then trying to correlate flavors and aromas in certain ways. Read more
1st September, 2021
1. Textio brings inclusive writing guidance to LinkedIn, and Seattle startup bounces back after pandemic
Seattle-based augmented writing startup Textio has always sought to help people better communicate where they do their work. Its writing guidance for enterprise customers can now be integrated with the business-focused social media platform owned by Microsoft. Read more
2. Seattle-area video game company ProbablyMonsters raises $200M to build studios
According to Forbes, the $200 million is the largest amount of funding that any video game company has ever raised via Series A. ProbablyMonsters’ leadership intends to hire employees and keep them on long-term, Read more
3. Web building platform Duda snaps up e-commerce cart tool Snipcart
Duda, which works with digital agencies and SaaS companies, has approximately 1 million published paying sites, and the acquisition was driven by the company seeing a boost in e-commerce websites, read more.
2nd September, 2021
1. Zoom is now operating as an investor into smaller developers
Web-conferencing app Zoom making multiple sizeable investments into various apps and developers. All of these investments have gone to developers that make apps for Zoom's own platform, read more.
2. Proptech Start Up 'Sugar' Raises $2.5M To Turn Apartment Buildings Into Interactive Communitieshttps
The Los Angeles-based startup has announced it raised $2.5 million in seed funding to expand and connect people in their residential communities with its visionary technology. Read more
3. ‘Knowledge-as-a-service’ platform Lynk lands funding from UBS’ Investment Bank
Lynk, the “knowledge-as-a-service” platform added to its previously announced Series B $5 million raised from UBS’ Investment Bank division, read more.
3rd September, 2021
1. Parking startup Seety is allowing customers to pay using crypto
Customers can use crypto “coins” to purchase Seety credits on the app, for no additional fee. They can choose from several different crypto options. read more
2. Thatch, a mobile app for travel content creators, has closed a $3 million
Thatch helps travel creators monetize their content by enabling them to build their own travel-related businesses. Currently the platform helps them collect, curate and share travel insight, read more.
4th September, 2021
1. Barbershop technology startup theCut sharpens its platform with new $4.5M round
Omile and Kush Patel created the mobile app that provides information and reviews on barbers for potential customers while also managing appointments, mobile payments and pricing on the back end for barbers. Read more
2. Chinese EV startup Iconiq Motors is said to consider going public through SPAC deal
Iconiq Motors was established in 2016 by Chinese entrepreneur Alan Wu and Ralph Debbas. Chinese electric vehicle startup Iconiq Motors is considering going public in the United States through a merger with a blank-check, read more.
3. A look inside Jokr, the rapid grocery delivery company
Jokr, which closed on a $170 million Series A this summer, is one of the new players in this growing space. Founded in March, the startup has expanded from Europe, read more.
5th September, 2021
1. This French start-up wants to take zero-emissions electric aircraft mainstream
Aura Aero is developing a two-seater aircraft, set to come to market in 2023, as well as a more ambitious inter-regional passenger plane scheduled to be airborne commercially in 2027. Read more
2. Danish Health Startup Radiobotics Receives FDA Clearance for AI-Driven Knee Algorithm
The proprietary algorithm by Radiobotics is an AI-driven analysis tool aimed at improving the accuracy and efficiency of radiographic knee osteoarthritis diagnosis. Read more
If you missed out the previous week or entire month updates of startup world news, follow the link to read it now and stay updated with every passing update with us.
Startup News: 23rd Aug 2021 - 29th Aug 2021
Startup News: 16th Aug 2021 - 22nd Aug 2021
Startup News: 9th Aug 2021 - 15th Aug 2021
Startup News: 2nd Aug 2021 - 8th Aug 2021
Startup News: 26th July 2021 - 1st Aug 2021
Startup News: 19th July 2021 - 25th July 2021
Startup News: 12th July 2021 - 18th July 2021
Startup News: 5th July 2021 - 11th July 2021
Startup News: 28th June 2021 - 4th July 2021
We, at OpenGrowth, are constantly looking for latest news in the startup ecosystem. If you want to share any important news from last week, then do let us know in the comment section below.