The economy pounds back after COVID 19, and guess who got a fair chance to bounce back and head towards the winning? Yes, the startups are all up and about rising and carving their path out from the cluster.
Find out the Interesting News about the Inspiring Startups below and get inspired.
5th October, Monday
1. Fintech Saudi Launches Accelerator Program to Empower Entrepreneurs
Fintech Saudi annouynces three month innovations and entreprenuership program to support kingdom industry in collaboration with Flat6labs. Read more.
2. Cooler Screens raises $80M to bring interactive screens into cooler aisles
Cooler Screens raised more than $80 million in Series C funding. Read further
3. Madrona leads $3.9M seed round for cybersecurity compliance startup Strike Graph
Seattle startup Strike Graph raised a $3.9 million,helps customers prepare for the cybersecurity certification process. Read more.
4. UC Berkeley ranks 1st among public schools in producing entrepreneurs who raise venture capital
UC Berkeley has produced a total of 1,365 company founders, 1,225 companies and more than $36 billion in raised capital, according to the PitchBook website. Read more.
6th October, Tuesday
1. Reliance to sell 1.2% stake in retail arm to Abu Dhabi sovereign fund for Rs 5,512 Cr - Republic World
Another fat cheque for Reliance is on its way, this time from Abu Dhabi's sovereign wealth fund. Discover whole story, Read more.
2. Quantum photonics startup Nu Quantum raises £2.1M from Amadeus Capital Partners
It has now raised £2.1 million in seed funding The funding will go toward a state-of-the-art photonics lab in Cambridge and a major recruitment drive for scientists, product team members and business functions. Explore more on this, click here.
3. Shattuck Labs IPO terms value the biotech at up to $609.3 million
Shattuck labs set terms for its initial public offering, and in that Texas-based biotechnology company focused on cancer treatments looks to raise up to $160 million. Explore more, click here.
4. GrubMarket raises $60M at a $500M+ valuation as food delivery stays center stage
In covid 19, company like GrubMarket capture the customers to serve as social distancing is the priority. Read how Grubmarket raised funding for the same.
5. Tone raises $4M to help e-commerce brands text with their customers
Boston-based Tone ,With the new funding, Amour said Tone will be able to build out the “relationship automation” aspect of the product. Click on link to explore lot about it. Read more.
7th October, Wednesday
1. Clover Health goes public in $3.7B SPAC deal - MedCity News
The deal will value Clover Health at $3.7 billion, raising $1.2 billion in proceeds. Medicare Advantage startup Clover Health will go public in a blank-check acquisition led by billionaire Chamath Palihapitiya. Read more.
2. SaaS firm Chargebee collects $55 mn from Insight Partners, others
New York-based investment firm, San Francisco-based Chargebee.It will use the capital from this Series F investment to expand its customer support and product capabilities. Explore more.
3. Pizza-making robot startup Picnic raises $3M as pandemic puts spotlight on food automation
Seattle startup Picnic raised an additional $3 million from existing investors as it gears up for a commercial rollout of its pizza-making robot. Read story
8th October, Thursday
1. Sibos 2020: Big Tech companies are not looking to get into financial services – Jesse McWaters
Big Tech companies are looking for other ways to serve their customers who need financial services as part of their everyday experience. Read further
2. Grid AI raises $18.6M Series A to help AI researchers and engineers bring their models to production
Grid AI, a startup founded by the inventor of the famous open-source PyTorch Lightning project, William Falcon, motive to help machine learning engineers work more efficiently, it has raised an $18.6 million. Read and explore more.
3. MessageBird, the 'omnichannel platform-as-a-service,' raises $200M Series C at $3B valuation
MessageBird, the cloud communications company, has raised $200 million in Series C funding in a round led by Silicon Valley’s Spark Capital. Read more
4. Tencent-backed Miniso Group looks to raise up to $562.4 mln in IPO
Miniso Group Holding Ltd, which is backed by Tencent Holdings Ltd 0700.HK, is seeking to raise up to $562.4 million in its IPO ,US. Read further.
9th October, Friday
1. Indiabulls sells further stake in Oak North Bank; raises ₹441 cr
This is the fourth time that Indiabulls Housing has offloaded OakNorth shares within a month. Explore how whole things rolling out, click on link
2. Govt’s Planned Agristack To Provide Gateway For Farmers, Startups & App Developers
The creation of an agristack can enable financing for small and marginal farmers. Explore more by clicking on link.
3. MessageBird Raises $200 Million in Series C Funding, Sets Sights on Going Public
The cloud communications company announcing it raised $200 million in a Series C funding round, raising the unicorn's valuation to $3 billion. Get to know every detail, click here.
4. Pfizer Suit Could Be an ‘Earthquake’ for Drug Pricing
Pfizer has filed a lawsuit against the federal government in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, for more details read the article here.
5. Solvo raises $3M seed round to automatically manage cloud infrastructure permissions
The big problem that Solvo solves is the result of a growing trend in the market Read here the whole story. Click on link
10th October, Saturday
1. Palo Alto Venture Firm Bets Big On New Data Storage Tech Startup
Observe Inc. announced that it has raised the funds for its data observability firm from Palo Alto-based Sutter Hill Ventures. Read more about this , click now
2. $45.5 billion cloud communications company Twilio is reportedly getting ready to acquire data startup Segment for $3.2 billion
Twilio outshining in the pandemic, with its stock price just about tripling since the beginning. Click here more to discover about his skyrocketting company graph.
11th October, Sunday
1. EU free trade agreement sparked outrage in France – 'We won't agree at any price!'
The French government said in a statement: "The draft agreement has no provision to impose discipline on the practices of the Mercosur countries in the fight against deforestation. Read further, click here.
2. Analysis: China is winning the global economic recovery
China's economy is hitting its stride again and will end the year more influential than ever. Read further, click here.
3. ECB's Visco says bank needs symmetrical inflation target, more transparency: newspaper
Board member Ignazio Visco said the European Central Bank should set a clearer inflation target and should attribute the opinions. Read more
4. Throwback: When former RBI governor said ‘My name is Raghuram Rajan and I do what I do’
Raghuram Rajan is known for his wit and frank views on economic affairs, What he respond on regards to cut rutting which turns out be as santa claus, read to explore more, click here.
5. The cryptocurrency revolution: How Europe could take the lead in the 'money of the future'
By becoming the first region to put its house in order, the EU expects to attract a market worth almost $350 billion spread over more than 6,700 digital currencies. Read more, click here.
We, at OpenGrowth, are constantly looking for latest news in the startup ecosystem. If you want to share any important news from last week, then do let us know in the comment section below.
News Curated by: Priya Nath
Priya is an enthusiastic person who believes in gender equity and social impact. She has a keen interest in startups. Her passion includes owning innovative gadgets, networking and psychology.