Good Morning!! As we enter a new week, let’s take a look at the latest trending startup news insights.
8th November, 2021
1. Sneaker fit startup Neatsy.ai gets seed finds after b2b pivot
In that b2b model, Neasty monetizes SDK usage based on the number of users — pricing per monthly active user. Raed more
2. Taiwan-based FunNow, an instant booking app, raises $15M Series B
FunNow connects users to experiences in a destination, such as restaurants, activities, movies and other things to do, competing with the likes of Klook. Read more
9th November, 2021
1. Indian D2C beauty brand MyGlamm becomes unicorn with $150 million funding
MyGlamm’s parent firm operates as a house of brands in the beauty and personal care spaces. It sells the vast majority of its products from its own website, app and more than 30,000 retail touch points. Read more
2. Sweetgreen’s IPO pricing guidance illuminates valuation range for tech-enabled companies
Sweetgreen’s IPO pricing is fascinating because it fits neatly into our budding thesis regarding the value of tech-enabled companies when they go public. Read more
3. Startup Providing 'Non-Intrusive’ Audio Ads Within Mobile Games Raises $14M Series A
Tech startup AudioMob was created on this principle and allows advertisers to monetize their content through audio ads so gamers can play freely without interruptions. Read more
10th November, 2021
1. Flutterwave acquires Disha, a creator platform that planned to shutter in February
Disha, a Nigeria-based platform that allows digital creators to curate, sell digital content, create portfolios and receive payments from their audience globally, read more.
2. Amenitiz wants to upgrade the tech stack of independent hotels
Amenitiz has been building a vertical software-as-a-service product that combines everything you need to run a hotel. Read more
3. DoorDash to acquire food delivery company Wolt
On-demand delivery giant DoorDash acquiring food delivery company Wolt in an all-stock deal valued at €7 billion, or $8.1 billion. Read more
11th November, 2021
1. In Israel, a new app will reward you with virtual coins for picking up rubbish
The app, called Clean Coin, lets the user snap a picture of the detritus in order to tag the location which in turn gets registered in an interactive map. Read more
2. Volocopter performs South Korea's first crewed air taxi flight
Volocopter's ambitions in the flying taxi space have taken another step forward, with the startup's electric aircraft performing its first crewed flight in South Korea. Read more
3. Linktree partners with Shopify to allow users to add storefronts on its platform
Linktree users can launch a Shopify storefront on their Linktree to showcase their products and services to drive more sales. Read more
12th November, 2021
1. British startup Maeving unveils RM1 retro-styled electric bikev
The Maeving RM1 is really as simple as it looks. Users have the option to carry two batteries for extended range, although the bike is sold with only one unit. Read more
2. Vancouver startup RimRiser finds growing market with innovative manhole adjuster
Barr devised a way for leveling manhole covers, catch basins, utility vaults and other embedded infrastructure with the pavement around them. Read more
3. IIT Madras-based space technology startup has achieved some significant milestones
Agnikul has also raised $15 million in funding over the past three years and has signed various deals, including one with US-based Alaska Aerospace Corporation.
13th November, 2021
1. Viral Austin-based startup aims to fix world water problems
The startup offers B2B plans that sell bottles to businesses that can either hand out water or choose to have customers pay, or B2C distribution which directly gives bottles to customers for free. Read more
2. Rivian’s IPO defies VC gravity
The electric truck maker had zero revenue in 2020, projected at best around $1 million this quarter, and it still was the largest U.S. IPO since 2014 after it raised over $11 billion in its debut. Read more
14th November, 2021
1. Oxygen, a neobank for freelancers and small businesses, in talks to raise funds at over $500 million valuation
Oxygen, a startup that is bringing digital banking services to freelancers and micro- and small-sized businesses, is in talks to raise a new round at a valuation of over $500 million, read more.
If you missed out the previous week or entire month updates of startup world news, follow the link to read it now and stay updated with every passing update with us.
We, at OpenGrowth, are constantly looking for latest news in the startup ecosystem. If you want to share any important news from last week, then do let us know in the comment section below.